[ale] Encrypting a file with multiple users?

Brian Stanaland brian at stanaland.org
Tue Jul 9 23:23:50 EDT 2013

Yeah, my mistake. I meant gpg keys for encryption not rsa keys. We call
them both keys at the office. Honestly, before starting this job a year
ago, I had never done anything with GPG.

--Brian

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 10:30 PM, Brian Mathis <
brian.mathis+ale at betteradmin.com> wrote:

> What do you mean "RSA keys"?  What software do you do this with?
> Typically is would be GPG, but then I think most people would refer to them
> as GPG keys.
>
> I'm pretty sure Leam is talking about file encryption, not SSH.
>

> ❧ Brian Mathis
>

> On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Brian Stanaland <brian at stanaland.org>wrote:
>
>> We're using RSA keys. We encrypt the file with the key of everyone who
>> needs access and then that file can be stored in a location accessible from
>> anywhere. We also use RSA keys to send information via email or Skype.
>>
>> --Brian
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM, leam hall <leamhall at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey all, what's the current best practice to move a file where the
>>> creator and recipient are not close by and do not share passwords? Is
>>> RSA/DSA public/private key still the best? Something else?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Leam

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert
Einstein