[ale] Adobe stuff, security problems, alternatives

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Tue Feb 26 19:36:24 EST 2013

Both of those seem to open fine in Chrome, although I didn't see how to turn off individual layers on the map. I tend to just open PDFs in Chrome on Windows and Linux. My main complaint with Chrome's PDF handling is sometimes it's not as easy to navigate large PDFs. On some occasions, I'll turn to Okular on Linux for easier navigation. I will very occasionally revert to Acrobat (/usr/bin/acroread) IF the PDF is from a trusted source and I have trouble with one of the others. You can have it on your system, just don't make it the default so when you click on a PDF from some blog or random source it doesn't execute automatically. At least that's what I do.

Scott