[ale] FYI: Magazine - Make Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 22:33:44 EST 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Ron Frazier (ALE) <
atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I saw this really cool magazine at the bookstore.
>
> Make Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing
>

> http://www.amazon.com/Make-Ultimate-Guide-3D-Printing/dp/1449357377/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1361399878&sr=1-5&keywords=make+3d+printer
>
> They cover the latest in 3D printing tech, along with amazing examples of
> what can be produced, things which you could never produce by conventional
> molding techniques.
>
> Device prices range between $ 300 and $ 4500.  As you might imagine,
> speed, maximum volume of printable space, resolution, and other critical
> specs get better with higher price, in general.
>
> I didn't buy the magazine, because I absolutely have no budget for
> equipment.  But, it was very interesting to look at.

I HATE that! I see some REALLY FREAKIN' COOL and I can't afford to play
with the toys. Grr. Charles Shapiro has a cupcake! I was looking at using a
cupcake to make a really soft material to use as a form for lost wax
casting. Then it could be metal!

Or!

oh yeah. dreams are bigger than the budget.

> Sincerely,
>
> Ron
>

> --
>
> Sent from my Android Acer A500 tablet with bluetooth keyboard and K-9 Mail.
> Please excuse my potential brevity.
>
> (To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
> messages prior to 03/31/12 with my personal address will go to the wrong
> address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

> mailing lists and such.  I don't always see new email messages very
> quickly.)
>
> Ron Frazier
> 770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.
> linuxdude AT techstarship.com