[ale] VPS hosting recommendations?

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Tue Apr 9 18:37:15 EDT 2013

On Tue, 9 Apr 2013, dev null oh two wrote:
> linode is also stupid overpriced.
> their wiki is nice tho.

I get my =~ $100 per month worth at Linode.com
Awesome management interface, The couple times I've needed it,
their support was quick, clueful and communicative.

Linode's connections to the net have been solid and smooth as well.

At $work, I manage intel modular servers and other decent hardware with
special needs in colo's around the world, for a lot more money. Linode is
an incredible value in comparison.

One reason to not put your stuff at the cheapest places, with all of the other
ill-managed bandwidth sucking bottom feeders is the "bottom" of the
pricing/bandwidth chain attracts a certain class of customer..
and their policies, procedures and support allow them to survive that
customer at that price.

--Mike-- Former ISP and Colo/NOC owner, recovered.