[ale] SSL Certificates

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Sep 16 08:49:56 EDT 2012

"mike at trausch.us" <mike at trausch.us> writes:

>> Don't you have to periodically revalidate?
>>

> You have to revalidate once per year (sometimes once every two years,
> depending on the validation you get).
>
> However, whilst validated, you can generate as many certificates as you
> want, as long as they're for the entity(ies) that you've validated.

Gotcha.  Basically what this means is that if you're generating LOTS of
certificates then this makes sense.  In my case, where I really only
need one or two, I'm effectively paying a yearly price for my
certificates.  It's just labeled a "verification fee", but the end
result would be the same.

Thanks,

> 	--- Mike

-derek