[ale] OT: Looking for 03 Used LCD Monitors - was Need Help Sending PCs To Haiti

Sergio Chaves sergio.chaves at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 15:34:55 EDT 2012

Alers,

The saga continues...
Just when you think its all good, and start checking things, here is what
happens;
LTSP Server is up - check, clients are up - check, monitors verified -
failed! :-(
An entity donated 15 19" HP monitors under the assumption they are in
workable condition.
Not thinking straight, I tested the clients using a couple of monitors I
have at the house.
Testing the donated monitors last night resulted on a massive failure; only
01 monitor barely works. All others smell burned wires when turned on,
producing no pics.
I saw this http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=931SWL-XC&cat=MON at
geeks.com but I cannot afford the total price + (3 day) shipping
(+-$345.00).
I am leaving on the 21st and need to have everything packed by Monday,
cannot wait 5 days for delivery.
Does anyone has or knows who has small LCD monitors for sale?
The outside condition does not matter, just need to work.
We will start the lab with 03 Laptops and 04 PCs as clients (we are taking
10 PCs total) - we plan on sending more monitors with other folks on
following trips.

Any help is surely appreciated.

BTW, the bad monitors are HP w2207 22 inch LCD Monitor - going to recycle
this Friday. If someone wants it to fix it, please contact me offline.

Sergio