[ale] Baking Pi

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Thu Sep 6 09:38:36 EDT 2012

Hi Rich,

I know what you're saying about the magazines.  Actually, I'd like both Linux Format and Linux User and Developer.  However, $200 / year is a LOT of $$.  It's a shame that the US publishers have essentially abandoned this market and all that's available for the most part is the nice but expensive European publications.

Regarding the tablet, I find mine tremendously handy.  I take it everywhere.  It has a 10" screen.  Having said that, it's really good for reading ebooks which can reflow the text.  Reading PDF's in landscape mode is OK when you scroll up and down the page.  Reading PDF's in portrait mode without zooming strains my eyes.  A magazine as large as the ones we're discussing wouldn't work well on this screen unless the file can reflow the text and images for this screen.   I don't know if they do that or not.  The tablet works well for audio bible, audio podcasts, and audio books.  Having the big screen (relative to an mp3 player or phone) is helpful to control and access the content.

Sincerely,

Ron