[ale] OT: hardware

Boris Borisov bugyatl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 10:41:39 EST 2012

There is a lot of windows thin clients left from hardware upgrade at
my job ( I have nothing to do with these ). WYSE V10L. Possibly their
firmware could be made to boot in Linux client. I know the IT guy here
was trying to get in touch with Georgia Tech but nothing so far. Is
anybody knows of school or organization interested of using these ?

No monitor or peripherals just box and power supply.

I've been playing with these. Can boot from USB and you could change
the boot order to look for USB first but once original firmware boots,
changes the boot order back to internal hard drive first. Used to run
Puppy Linux when I needed privacy :)