[ale] HomeVPN

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 14:29:23 EST 2012

Phil,
  You had a couple options I hadn't found before such as the "Topology" and
pushing the MTU.  I'm going to clean up my configs and I'll post them.  I
also have 2 scripts which make and package up the client configs as well.

Robert

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Phil Turmel <philip at turmel.org> wrote:

> On 11/09/2012 10:54 AM, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> > I will look into those android apps yet, haven't found one I like.
> >
> > I've been using SSH since the early 90's,  no worries there.  I want to
> > setup and play with a VPN connection for remote devices.  I have OpenVPN
> > running out of a linux VM dedicated so i can lock it down and if need be
> > wipe it without loss of sleep.
> >
> > As my original thread went,  "Has anyone else done this?  Anyone up for
> > sharing configs/discussing?"
>
> I've been running OpenVPN on my office server to support home and road
> warrior usage for about eight or nine years.  Using my own certificate
> authority for the past five years or so to minimize router configuration
> requirements.  Works well with both windows and linux client machines.
>
> I've attached my config files for your edification (lightly sanitized).
>
> The last attachment is my personal script for managing my certificate
> authority
>
> HTH,
>
> Phil

:wq!
Robert L. Harris

DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for                      First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                                     - Manowar