[ale] Upgrading from svn 1.6.18 to 1.7.x on Fedora

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Tue Jun 26 15:34:42 EDT 2012

I haven't tried since 2003 or so, but last time I tried to build SVN from
source, it was horrible.  There were many libraries I also had to find and
build along the way, but they were not building cleanly "out of the box"
for reasons of low quality or high complexity.

When Linus made git, it was relatively self sufficient and simple.  It
built cleanly without any fuss.

So besides the fact that I like the design more, there's an impracticality
to SVN that's very relevant to this thread.  The OP might not want to build
from source because it provides no system integration; otherwise, that
would be a great solution if SVN was easy to build.

  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>
  http://noserose.net/e/
  http://www.coraid.com/