[ale] flip flopping on programming, now interested in c++

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Mon Jul 2 13:46:26 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Ron Frazier (ALE) <
atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com> wrote:

> Ed Cashin wrote:
>
> (lots of good javascript info)
> - Ron: I really appreciate this, although I don't think that's the
> direction I'm going in right now.

OK.

> "There's an amazing resource in code academy. ... It's free ..."
> - Ron: Sounds pretty cool. Is it available for C++?

I don't think so.  That would be very cool, though, so please let me know
if you find something.

"http://coderetreat.org/&quot;
> - Ron: Also cool, is that relevant to C++?

It's relevant to programming.  You could learn things like test-driven
development and apply them in your C++ projects.  I mentioned it, though,
mostly because it is evidence of the enthusiasm and dedication to
self-improvement that I've noticed in the younger developers.  I think we
older people could learn a lot from them.  (And they might be hiring, too.)

I like your summary of the responses you got.  Good luck, Ron.

--
  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>
  http://noserose.net/e/