[ale] OT: How many Linux guys are looking for work in ATL?

Dylan Northrup ale at doc-x.net
Wed Aug 29 23:17:43 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Bob Toxen <transam at verysecurelinux.com>wrote:

> > * You DO have to make sure you know everywhere they say they are
> > submitting your name.
> Be sure you have an email, text message, or similar reasonably provable
> statement to this effect.  (In Georgia it is legal to record a phone
> conversation without the knowledge or consent of the other party and
> legally introduce it into court.)

This is incorrect.  Georgia is a one-party state with regards to recording
phone conversations.  Feel free to consult Ga. Code §§ 16-11-62(1),
16-11-66<http://law.justia.com/georgia/codes/16/16-11-66.html>to
validate, but only one party needs to consent to recording a
conversation.  If you're a party to the conversation and you consent, you
can record it.

--
Dylan Northrup
"Adversity is just change we haven't adapted ourselves to yet."