[ale] more fun with ssh

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 07:35:27 EDT 2012

I can see I have it querying the external domain-name of the network rather
than localdomain.

wolf at lva-01:~$ host 192.168.10.26
Host 26.10.168.192.in-addr.arpa. not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
wolf at lva-01:~$ host NAGIOS-01
NAGIOS-01.example.org has address 112.136.19.115
# Not real IP  This is the machine name, It's the public IP of the main
fqdn and catchall for improperly-named sub-domains, and not the private IP
by which  NAGIOS-01 communicates with the slowpoke

wolf at lva-01:~$ dig NAGIOS-01
Since this A record doesn't exist, the answers are useless.  However when I
dig the actual subdomain, nagios.example.org, it gives the right public IP.

Apache Open Office Developer wolfhalton at apache.org