[ale] Odd behavior of windows

Steve Brown scbrown3 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 09:59:38 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Chris Fowler
<cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>wrote:

> Yea, I don't think comp is in 11.04.  I don't have the option to
> configure it in Administration or Preferences.  I'm also seeing the same
> issue where trying to view some flash videos in full screen result in a
> white screen.

I know what you mean, I was confused when they took that option out of the
Appearance preferences. Looks like the new way to change between 3D desktop
and plain desktop is to logout and choose it from there. You may want to try
Unity 2D from there (after installing it); people on the bug you mention
that as a workaround until they fix it. The open nvidia drivers may work
too.

I looked into it, and Ubuntu changed Unity to use Compiz for window
management in the 11.04 release. In the previous version, they used Mutter,
which is what Gnome 3 is using, but they changed due to "performance
reasons" and because of extra interfaces in compiz. Who knows if that's true
or just more drama :)

-Steve Brown