[ale] Monitoring Ubuntu Servers

Omar Chanouha ofosho at gatech.edu
Fri May 13 15:51:55 EDT 2011

Hello Everyone,

    I have 2 ubuntu servers that I maintain at work. I would like some
way to be able to monitor them in order to detect intruders.
Specifically things like CPU usage, RAM usage, HD usage, currently
logged in users, running processes and IP connections. There seems to
be a lot of options out there, but I am wondering what the people on
this list use/would recommend because I know many on this list are
seasoned sys admins. Command line tools are just as welcome as GUI
apps, as long as they get the job done.

Thanks,

-O