[ale] $25 Micro LInux Computer - the size of a USB key

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sat May 7 17:14:46 EDT 2011

On 05/07/2011 05:01 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> I'm pretty surm the arm requires higher voltage than a single 1.5V AA. A
> 700MHz will only pull a fraction of an amp (think around 150-300 mA) so
> a pair of AA's might run it for a while.
> Can't wait for LadyAda to pack one into a mintyboost can :-)
>>From the pics it has numerous wires of the side that are likely jtag
> and power.
> Aaron, don't give up the arduino yet. The combo of the 2 is friking
> awesome.
> Laptop in an altoids tin.... hmm.....

I own a Nokia N800 -  ARM 450Mhz. It uses a 3.7v 1500mAh battery.
It multi-tasks fine, running 5 apps , but I usually only have 3 running
at a time - like GPS mapping, audio playback, email and a file manager.
 Skype runs natively and it supports SIP too.  Showing someone their
internal network after running Zenmap http://nmap.org/zenmap/ is fun too.

It plays back most media at 800x480, but -framedrop needs to be enabled.
For trips, I'll re-encode to 400:-3 and 15fps to keep the playback
smooth. Happy to share the tiny mencoder script.

You all probably already know this, but is have a version of debian on
it and uses dpkg.  In early 2008, it was $220.