[ale] as promised/threatened, an overly long post with probably nothing of real importance

rhia rhiannen at atlantacon.org
Sat May 7 00:23:45 EDT 2011

Late, as usual.
We're on the West/Left Coast now, plus other time demands, I usually
catch up late, between hours and weeks, on ALE.

Simply put: I STILL follow ALE because, in all of our travels across
this vast country, ALE seems to have a majority of responders of the
best and brightest. I do not say so lightly. This list rocks.

Politically? Well, after numerous addresses in the deep south (plus
Texas, pretty much its own country, but it takes in more federal tax
dollars than it sends in, so, still a state) - I'm still in that fast
dying moderate camp.

Politically on this list? REALLY? There aren't any, Any, ANY other lists
on which you can espouse your political ideals?

Yes, I know, if you delve deep enough, you'll find me ranting political
views on this list.
I grew up.

This is the Atlanta LINUX Enthusiasts list. Last I checked, Linux wasn't
lining up for the republicans or the democrats or the green party or any
other political affiliation. In fact, last I checked, Linux was an OS,
not a PAC.

Oh, I don't mind so much, personally, if the list goes offtrack, but I
do mind having to shovel through politics to get technical answers
to ...WTF ?? questions.

BTW, I'm active in quite a few ....social/political email lists, forums,
and whatnot. I am not against expressing political views - in the
appropriate forum. This ain't it. There are hundreds of thousands of
much more appropriate places.

Does this mean I'm 100% against any hint of political viewpoint here?
No. But, just, can't we just take religion (do NOT get me started) and
politics and money (the big 3) elsewhere and leave this most helpful
LINUX list to, well, LINUX?

rhia