[ale] OT: Nuc reactors and Japan

scott scott at sboss.net
Fri May 6 08:58:26 EDT 2011

> 2.       What if something BAD happened?

not to start another flame war here.

But #2 is dependent on which type of Nuclear reactor they are using.
There is a newer technology/version that during a "melt down" it turn
the internals of the reactor in slagged salt.  Nothing we would want
to eat but nothing that is going to pump radioactive stuff in the air
either.  If I remember correctly (and my memory might be wrong)
Toshiba has the patent on this method.

just like coal plants, natural gas plants, steam plants, etc they all
have potential side effects in case something going bad.  How had will
depend on the actual implementation technologies.

back to your morning
Scott