[ale] OT: Nuc reactors and Japan

Damon Chesser dchesser at acsi2000.com
Fri May 6 08:45:34 EDT 2011

As Pat pointed out, there was no discussion of the earth quake in Japan.  As a youth, I supported nuclear reactors for power.  Green/renewable/save The Earth questions debate aside, I have totally changed my mind for the following reasons:

1.        No where to put the waste

2.       What if something BAD happened?

Well, #1 could be answered by a deep, deep hole (not including risks in getting the stuff there)

But #2 was illustrated by the foobar that happened in Japan.

Sometime, take a look at nuc plants around ATL on google.

Perhaps you should have a plan ready to execute in the event it is needed?

It would seem that the designs used here would actually make the chain of events in Japan not even possible (passive cooling systems in the event external power was cut).

Any knowledgeable people want to chime in?

Damon Chesser
dchesser at acsi2000.com
damon at damtek.com

Disclaimer: This electronic transmission and any attachments contain confidential information belonging to the sender. This information may be legally protected. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient or receive this message in error, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on or regarding the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received this information in error.

www.acsi2000.com