[ale] OT - open source access control (physical) software?

Sid Lane jakes.dad at gmail.com
Wed May 4 14:06:46 EDT 2011

well, that might compromise our security...  ;-)

they're Rosslare AC-215(s) & the (current) client is Veritrax AS-215

I did some research & it turns out the admin client is only used to push
updates (new badge #s, rules, etc) to the control unit(s) and/or pull
activity log(s).  the control units are fully autonomous otherwise which
explains why they continue to work when the PC's down (which it is
frequently these days).

what I've recommended to the board is to purchase the IP/ethernet adapter
(~$100) & put it in a vpn not reachable from the clubhouse network (still
mulling around how to harden it) then toss the PC though if anyone has
better suggestion I'm definitely listening...