[ale] Celebrate - Usama killed!

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 16:06:24 EDT 2011

Jeff,

I do agree with your 2nd paragraph, and I did refrain from speaking about
what I don't know about. I don't watch much TV, but that is not to say that
I NEVER watch TV, I'm just much more a talk radio junkie. My point was only
that your post made the claim that Fox held itself out as a conservative
news source. To my knowledge they have not made that claim, just that they
are "fair and balanced." Granted they are a bit more conservative than most
of the other fare available, but I've never heard of them claiming to be
"your conservative source for news" or any such equivalent. If I am wrong on
that score, I am willing to be set straight.

Also, lets not conflate the commentary shows (Hannity, O'reilly, etc), of
which there are a plethora, with the news shows. I think you would be hard
put to find any news talking head more fair than, for example, Brit Hume.
Based on ratings, it would seem that Fox is eating the liberal channels
lunch. Isn't that prima facie evidence that "folks like them." My take is
that their popularity is precisely because of their more
conservative/balanced slant than that of the competition. Again, if I am
wrong, I am open to correction.