[ale] .NET considered harmful

Damon L. Chesser damon at damtek.com
Thu Mar 31 13:54:19 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 11:42 -0400, Jim Kinney wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Geoffrey Myers
> <lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
>

>         The bottom line is, people want to win.  People work for
>         money, people
>         play to win.  Take the score away from games and people won't
>         play.
>

> YAY!!!!! Someone finally understands this is all just a game. One in
> which we DO have the right and ability to change the rules to make it
> better.
>
> While we can and should protect and look after those who are less
> capable, we should also demand that those with the means do the most.

Those who have the most do do the most. How can you DEMAND I spend my
money?  I got it by fair deals with people who thought it was a fair
deal.  I fail to see exploitation.  If I sold a computer that turned out
to be a box of phone books, that is exploitation.  If I sold a computer
for a price somebody thought it was worth, that is a good sale.
Personally, I think we should demand the same percentage from all
people.

As for "protecting and looking after those who are less capable", why?
I have no responsibility to anybody outside of my family, neighbors,
friends in that order.  I should decide who I help and why, not you.

FWIW, I give more then 10% of my money away.  GIVE.  I am not wealthy,
but by many people standards I am.

If you want to be more wealthy then 75% of all people, have $1500.00 in
the bank, free and clear.  Do the other 75% of the people have a right
to that small $1500?  I bet you would say no.  Do you have a right to
give any portion of that away, absolutely.