[ale] .NET considered harmful

Brian Schenken brian.schenken at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 11:04:57 EDT 2011

Maybe if the article were "Why programmers shouldn't put all their eggs in
one basket", but this was "Why we don’t hire .NET programmers".   Through
the article he makes some good points, but his opinions of .net pollute his
arguments.  My point in previous posts is that if he is looking for folks
who are happy to tinker with any tech - his own attitude will be an
obstacle.  He wrote a followup article he links to at the top where he trys
to be less of an ass, but IMHO just demonstrates that he's not capable of
stopping.  So, he won't get much more attention from me...

...but, I was pondering - I wonder if there are some technologies that
really should raise red flags.  If you were hiring, and you need someone you
can trust to create good solutions, are there technologies out there that
might scare you off?  I can think of a couple that I'd have hard time
imagining  a good case for.  Lolcode... mono...