[ale] .NET considered harmful

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Tue Mar 29 15:07:59 EDT 2011

Trying to explain the nuances of IT positions isn't fun.   For most folks I end up having to say "I do computer work".   Heck, half the time when they hear me say "Systems Administrator" they think I'm telling them I'm manager type.  Their eyes tend to glaze over if I try to explain exactly what I do.

One of my favorite Dilbert strips involves him explaining to the PHB that the OS is UNIX not Eunuchs.   The PHB says to tell the company nurse "never mind" when she shows up with scissors.