[ale] Linux in DeKalb County Schools

David Hillman hillmands at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 17:07:22 EDT 2011

That is good news!  I bet a lot of people have sound cards that can be
donated.  That site probably uses Adobe Flash.  I still have trouble with
Flash on Linux.  Isn't OpenSuse rpm-based, just like Redhat?  It might be
worth it to just install Ubuntu or Kubuntu on the boxes.  Linux is way more
hackable and flexible than Windows, perfect for education.  I remember we
had some Sun workstation boxes in my school.  Someone had donated them.
 Those were wonderful machines.