[ale] LightScribe for Linux

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Jun 29 00:20:37 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 21:54 -0400, Jim Kinney wrote:
> This is my recollection as weel. Available != standard
> Youngster :P

Well, I guess this "youngster" was just an early adopter.  I remember
using PNG in the mid-to-late 90s for a lot.  Mostly because I hated the
256 color limit of GIF.  I hated dithering.  Once I had a computer where
dithering wasn't a requirement of the graphics hardware, the PNG format
became very attractive to me.

FWIW, I don't recall Netscape's alpha-channel handling being all that
great in early versions that had support for PNG.

	--- Mike