[ale] Electric bill

Bob Marley buffalosolja at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 15:50:51 EDT 2011

Hello there is a way to get your videos from your media server to your
PS3 though I don't own one a program I use on my xbox (I know, I know)
is supported on PS3 its called PlayOn I was an early adopter and get it
really cheap they now do subscription and one time fees.  Basically it
has a plugin that integrates vlc into it and lets you play it that way
and I have been able to throw everything in the world at it and it
works.  Downside (I haven't researched other platforms since I have a
multi-platform home) is you have to run a windows server for this to
work.  PlayOn is supported by xbox, ps3, and wii so what I have done at
my house is put in a purchase req with the misses to purchase 3 more
xbox 360, and I am working on having two access points in my house
(major overkill).  Also with PlayOn I forget to mention you can go to
playon scripts and add custom channels and such, me and my co-worker are
working on it he has the live news and such on it now along with the
weather channel.  So hopefully this helps sorry this was my first post
to ALE and I am long winded today, hope I added something of value.
Have a great day guys.