[ale] Electric bill

Byron Jeff byronjeff at mail.clayton.edu
Sun Jun 5 12:45:07 EDT 2011

Georgia Power switches to Summer Pricing in May. They simply charge more
for the same electricity. You can find the rate schedule for standard
residential home service here:

http://www.georgiapower.com/pricing/residential/pricing/standard-service-plan.asp

There were a couple of years we did the Time of Use rate plan (called
Nights and Weekends now) where Georgia power exchanges a low off peak rate
(4.2 cents/KwH) for a very high on peak rate (19.9 cents/Kwh) where on peak
runs from June to September on weekdays from 2PM to 7PM.

But it's inconvenient. I wouldn't bother trying to switch up machines as
they are not the cause of the rate increase.

BAJ