[ale] Arduino Locally

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed Jul 27 14:18:55 EDT 2011

On 07/27/2011 02:03 PM, Chris Fowler wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 13:39 -0400, David Tomaschik wrote:
>> You'll obviously need a few discrete components as well (capacitors,
>> resistors, and transistors from the schematic) but the base arduino +
>> protoboard shield should do it for you.
> My junque box is well stocked!  I'm proud that I have most of all that
> with the exception of the Arduino of course.
>
> My plan is to implement the proto and test it.  I will then lay out the
> PCB in Eagle Cad.  Submit to BatchPCB and have a few made for some of
> use CW ops around town.
>
> I used a K1EL during a recent special event and loved the keyboard.
> However, his latest offerings are not small like the original keyer was.
> They also have LCD and obviously more expensive.   On top of that, I
> can't change his product like I can with this.  I can even have it key a
> beacon by changing the code.
>
> I'm also a better programmer than an electronics guru so the Arduino
> solution fits me better.
>
> Chris

I've used batchPCB in the past.  Somewhat slow since they wait for
enough orders to combine into a big board and then send the order to
China.  It was almost a month last time, but you can't beat the price.

Here's an audio board I built for a client:
http://k4gvo.com/images/pcboard.png
I use gEDA tools since they run well on Linux.

Jim.