[ale] Why do they keep putting VGA on Netbooks?!?!

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Thu Jan 27 06:49:40 EST 2011

I presume you could adapt vga - dvi the same way you could adapt dvi -
vga. My Dell Inspiron 1525 has VGA and HDMI. However, my son's Dell
Inspiron 1545 does not have HDMI, so you have to check each model
number. They probably figure that VGA is still the most widely
compatible option. The trend now days seems to be fewer connector
options and fewer indicator lights. I can never tell when my son's
laptop is busy because it has no hard drive light. I hate that.

Ron