[ale] mail server with dynamic IP?

Collin Pruitt collin at collinp.com
Wed Jan 19 21:17:08 EST 2011

As Michael said, your rDNS entry or IP range is probably in quite a few blacklists.

Also, depending on your ISP, it could very easily be a violation of their Terms of Service to run a email server on anything but a business-class connection, and then you had might as well get a static IP address. Others may require you to smarthost your email out through the ISP's own MTA.

If you -really- want to run your own email server, it would probably be far easier to just get a VPS to run it off of. It'll save you time and heartache from dealing with your ISP.

Collin Pruitt <collin at collinp.com>