[ale] OT -- Questions about how to get funds for open source

John Pilman jcpilman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 21:08:06 EST 2011

Chuck
I don't believe it is fair to characterize this as a hobby just because you
choose to do it without payment.  Fortunately, there are folks, like
yourself, who provide service and expertise without requiring payment.  When
it comes to travel expense, that seems to be asking a lot.  I think the
answer is that some people do have jobs that pay their travel for volunteer
work.  I know some of them, but I have not had a job like that.  Good luck
with your work, paid, volunteer, as hobby or even for therapy.

...John