[ale] Best way to get dual display working (take 2k)

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 17:49:37 EST 2011

Not highly likely, but the VGA portion of the card, which runs the POST
program and until the drivers load to kick it into "high gear" so to speak,
is good but the high performance part is bad. That is why I thought booting
from a live CD might be good to confirm that the hardware is OK and that the
system boots with the new card on a "clean" OS. That would narrow it down to
a software config issue on your system. I'm a noob with Linux so I can't
help resolve the software issues, but you do want to rule out the
possibility of it being hardware related.