[ale] Better ISP?

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Wed Jan 5 07:16:46 EST 2011

On 01/04/2011 09:15 PM, James Sumners wrote:
> As has been mentioned, no, they are dead. The new equivalent (Atlanta
> local, Linux friendly, and knowledgeable support staff) is Atlantic
> Nexus -- http://www.atnex.net/ . The downside is that they don't yet
> offer "naked" DSL. So you still have to have an AT&T telephone account
> to get their service. On the upside, AtNex is a bigger customer for
> AT&T than you are so they can get things done and they deal with AT&T
> instead of you.

why just yesterday I was surfing along, and SLAM! no connection. ping,
nada, email, broke. pulled up cisco router, no connection. Called
Atnex.net, prompt #3 ( SUPPORT).
Hello,
Mel says HELLO Paul.
Mel does his magic and says it is the evil empire AT&T problem, he will
call THEM & call ME back.
5 minutes later, phone rings, its Mel. "Paul, check your DSL light, is
it out?" Yes I say. He says he will call me back.
5 minutes later, phone rings, its Mel AGAIN. "Paul, you should be up, I
have AT&T on the line, will you check it please?".
I do, it is up, I say THANK YOU MEL!, he says have a nice day Paul!

no fuss, no muss.. just fixed, fast, no questions about me running linux
or having a router. No rebooting ( well, he DID have me reboot my router
in the beginning, but that WAS ALL I did.)

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800