[ale] Kind words for Windows? - was The latest from Gigabyte

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Tue Feb 8 15:18:15 EST 2011

Hi Michael T.,

Thanks for the note.  It may look like I'm ignoring it, replying to
everyone else.  That's not the case.  Your reply was much longer and
more detailed than most.  It takes a while to digest.  You're on my
queue to reply to.  I'm not shunning you.

The same applies to another note Michael W. sent me on another topic.

Ron

On 02/08/2011 12:16 PM, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 01:25 -0500, Ron Frazier wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The line I'm quoting from Chris Fowler (below) inspired this note. If
>> you're offended, blame me, not him. But, I hope no one will be
>> offended, just spurred to thought. But, lots of it is just some random
>> things I've been thinking about, and maybe ranting for frustration
>> about some problems I've been trying to solve. I'm not trying to start
>> a flame war, but, I've been using Windows ever since it was invented.
>>
> While I haven't used Windows 1.0 or 2.0 outside of checking it out years
> and years after the fact, I go all the way back to MS-DOS 2.11.  My
> first encounter with Windows was Windows 3.0, followed by 3.1, 3.11, WFW

<snip>