[ale] [OT] clam av for windows

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Tue Feb 8 12:06:00 EST 2011

On 02/08/2011 10:49 AM, Preston Boyington wrote:
> Avira is also a decent option.  Avira has a nag screen when it updates
> the virus signatures (just press "OK" and it goes away) and seems to be
> lighter on resources than AVG.  Can't speak enough about their "AnitVir
> Rescue System" which runs from a Linux LiveCD.:)

I have just had 2 systems that I had to clean up ( again) that are
running Avira. BOTH users continue to use IE for a browser, they won't
use Firefox.  The one system had a W32/Blaster virus & had incredimail
installed, and 2-3 IE browser toolbars added & the home page hijacked.
The other system still has his browser hijacked ( I think it is a proxy
setting..)
both systems were cleaned using the f-secure rescue CD.
I can't get either to change to Linux. One is a business user that has
too many specialized apps+Quickbooks.
He is our local Winery, Boutier Winery in Commerce ( actually outside of
Ila,GA in case you want to visit:)

--
Paul Cartwright