[ale] MythTV InstallFest?

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 15:12:20 EST 2011

I second this.  Lets have this at the earliest pls pls pls.

On Feb 7, 2011 3:02 PM, "JD" <jdp at algoloma.com> wrote:

 Perhaps it is time time to crank up another MythTV InstallFest?  The MythTV
Yahoo Group -- MUCH  (discussed earlier) originated out of a MythTV
InstallFest. That had to be about 2+ years ago.

I've attempted to install MythTV 3 times since 2000 and failed to get it
configured each time. About two weeks ago, I did an apt-get purge myth* yet
again.  I have never asked for help, so it definitely is my fault.

I can't bring my media/storage server to an install fest, but I can bring a
dual-core netbook and *Hauppauge 950Q* to learn the finer points of
installation. I *intend* to get a *dual HD-HomeRun ATSC+QAM* tuner the next
time they get cheap. I regret not buying on Black Friday. ;(

My ideal installation would be MythTV running inside a KVM VM and
accessing/writing media on a NFS mount or iSCSI SAN. Am I dreaming?

See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at
http://mail.ale.org/mailman/listinfo