[ale] MythTV InstallFest?

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Mon Feb 7 14:59:11 EST 2011

> Perhaps it is time time to crank up another MythTV InstallFest?  The
> MythTV Yahoo Group -- MUCH  (discussed earlier) originated out of a
> MythTV InstallFest. That had to be about 2+ years ago.

I've attempted to install MythTV 3 times since 2000 and failed to get it
configured each time. About two weeks ago, I did an apt-get purge myth*
yet again.  I have never asked for help, so it definitely is my fault.

I can't bring my media/storage server to an install fest, but I can
bring a dual-core netbook and *Hauppauge 950Q* to learn the finer points
of installation. I /*intend*/ to get a *dual HD-HomeRun ATSC+QAM* tuner
the next time they get cheap. I regret not buying on Black Friday. ;(

My ideal installation would be MythTV running inside a KVM VM and
accessing/writing media on a NFS mount or iSCSI SAN. Am I dreaming?