[ale] opening distro war arch vs ubuntu

Collin Pruitt collin at collinp.com
Fri Dec 30 16:03:25 EST 2011

Ubuntu is good for absolute beginners to Linux to get started on since it's
the least different from Windows. Hence why I help work on Ubuntu.

I personally prefer to use Arch for my desktop, and Debian or CentOS (god
awful hair pulling RHEL's little brother) for my servers. But, I can (kind
of) understand the appeal of Ubuntu to newer users. It's easy to use from
the start, even if it does it in the most unclean methods underneath the
cover.