[ale] [OT] Coworking desks available in Marietta

Jeff Gehlbach jeffg at opennms.org
Mon Apr 25 12:23:42 EDT 2011

I figure this list must reach a number of nomadic consultants, remote
employees, and freelancers.  If you're in the Marietta / Cobb area and
are looking for a place to work that's not your spare bedroom or the
nearest coffee shop, keep reading.  Otherwise, sorry for the OT distraction.

THE BOX is a coworking space just off the Marietta Square that has been
operating since the beginning of this year.  If you're not familiar with
coworking, check out the resources at http://coworking.info.  Up-front
disclaimer: I'm a coworker at THE BOX but don't have any financial
interest in it.  In the spirit of coworking, it's unlikely ever to be a
money-making enterprise anyway :)

We've got a few desks available and are looking for full-time people to
fill them.  Our merry band of coworkers currently includes a freelance
photographer, an independent branding consultant, and two remote workers
for companies in the free software space.  Rates are highly competitive
versus the cost of rent alone for a private office of one's own, and
include all the following benefits:

- Quiet, furnished space to concentrate on your work
- Other people creating a vibe conducive to getting work done
- Conference room for client meetings and phone calls
- Reliable 20Mbps / 5Mbps Internet connection (Comcast Business)
- Your choice of gigabit Ethernet or WPA2-secured 802.11n wireless
- Separate area for breaks, naps
- Kitchenette with good coffee supplied, mini-fridge for your lunch
- Two-block walk to Marietta Square for shopping and dining
- On-premise parking included
- 24-hour access for early birds and night owls
- Shower facility on same floor (handy for the runner / bicyclist set)
- Month-to-month flexibility, no lease

For more information or to schedule a visit, contact me on- or off-list
and I'll get you set up!

-jeff