[ale] sh archive

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Tue Apr 19 12:03:55 EDT 2011

That looks neat, but I don't have time to read it now, so I'm wondering why
not use the existing "shar" utility.

NAME
       shar - create shell archives

SYNOPSIS
       shar [ options ] file ...
       shar -S [ options ]

DESCRIPTION
       Shar  creates  "shell  archives" (or shar files) which are in text
       format and can be mailed.  These files may be  unpacked  later  by
       executing  them  with  /bin/sh.   The resulting archive is sent to
       standard out unless the -o option is given.  A wide range of  fea-
       tures  provide extensive flexibility in manufacturing shars and in
       specifying shar "smartness".  Archives may be "vanilla" or compre-
       hensive.

  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>
  http://noserose.net/e/
  http://www.coraid.com/