[ale] temp mobile broadband option?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 10:58:29 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Preston Boyington <preston.lists at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I'll be traveling around visiting different family members over the
> holidays and several have no access to Internet.

um. make the visits to the disconnected family members short...  :-\

make a list of all known open access wireless POP's near the disconnected
family members (coffee shops, bookstores, libraries, etc)

pay-as-you-go tether-able cell phone?

My preferred option: get the disconnected visits scheduled back to back and
go "electronic commando" for a few days and see how your stress level drops
:-)

> I've been toying with the idea of a "pay as you go" plan/device since I
> will only need access for short periods of time and only for a couple
> days.  Unfortunately, the only folks that offer this are not in the
> SouthEast.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion for a temp provider and device?
>
> Worst case, I scrounge up a USB modem for my netbook and see about
> getting dial-up info from my home internet provider.  although, that is
> low on my list of preferred things.
>

> Thanks all,
>
> Preston

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.