[ale] best cross platform development evironment

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Nov 17 01:47:56 EST 2010

Back to square one...

Mono is not a partial implementation of .NET.  The ".NET Framework" is the
Microsoft implementation of the VM and the runtime. The ".NET SDK" includes
MS' compilers for those languages as well.

Mono is a nearly-complete reimplementation of .NET (with extensions) and is
freely licensed.

As to your third point, I do not know of a single business that wound up
paying anything for FAT, since it is way beyond the patentability period.

It is reaching for straws to base the argument on a "what if" which is
itself, as already explained earlier, on pretty shaky ground. I again
request something concrete. Microsoft does not have neither the legal nor
the practical power to stop people from using it. Furthermore no business
anywhere can state that it is illegal to compile a particular programming
language. Maybe to do so by a particular method, but not in general.  And
again compilation technology isn't new! We have had it for over 40 years!

A fine reading of current patent law may provide you some useful insights.
I, however, need to get to bed. Am sick, clients computer needed help, am
too tired to go on and still have to drive home.

Good night all.