[ale] best cross platform development evironment

Tue Nov 16 23:47:46 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Michael Trausch <mike at trausch.us> wrote:
> Examine the Mono source code. It is free software. I challenge you to rise
> above the ad hominem and, if you think there is a serious reason that a
> professional ought not use the software, express that with something solid.

Challenge accepted.
1. Mono is an implementation of CLI and C#, and a partial implementation of .NET
2. MSFT promises not to sue anyone who implements ECMA 334 and 335 "as
detailed in the standards".
3. If MSFT strikes down Mono on a technicality, those who use it will
be left with, at best, be left with no platform on which to compile
and run their code.

Mono is great. It is a brilliant FOSS work. Few people here would deny
that. I don't refuse to use apps written in Mono. I refuse to write my
applications in a language that someone can choose to tell me I am no
longer permitted to compile.

If you think it can't happen, you should talk to all of the companies
that were shocked by MSFT's 2003 announcement that they would be
licensing the use of the FAT file system for $0.25 per unit sold. The
only constant is our universe is that MSFT will change the rules
whenever they wish.

--
.!# RichardBronosky #!.