[ale] ubuntu IMAP does't work, neither does wireless

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Wed Nov 3 20:47:45 EDT 2010

On 11/03/2010 05:47 PM, Collin Pruitt wrote:
> To assist with your question about your wireless card, could you please
> post the model of wireless adapter you have?
not booted right now, but I do remember it is an intel, and I had the
ipw2200-firmware installed before, in a previous distro.. ( 2984?)
and it does connect using wireless when I boot windows.

> For IMAP, I'm not certain as to what you are trying to do. Are you
> trying to set up a IMAP account on your desktop? If you are, you would
> have to permit the ports that you have configured for IMAP in iptables
> on your desktop.
it works from thunderbird on the windows XP side of this laptop, so
there is no issue with the Debian dovecot-IMAP setup.. I did boot
windows & I was able to connect to the imap folders on the debian box,
using thunderbird.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800