[ale] Call for hardware - small LCD monitor for crash cart/rack

Chris Woodfield rekoil at semihuman.com
Sat Mar 20 12:21:22 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm moving into a smaller space, and with it moving from a full rack in my basement to a half rack that I need to share between my server/network and recording gear. As such, I have a 15" CRT I no long have room for, so I'd like to replace it with a smaller LCD that I could maybe sit on top (or even keeping it a storage closet, dragging it out solely for emergencies...)

Since I use this solely for crash-carting, I can't justify a shiny new 17" LCD, and it seems that no one really makes anything smaller than that anymore. So, looking for a used 15" or smaller LCD monitor if anyone here has one to offer.

I've also wondered if I could find a cheap portable DVD player that happens to have a VGA input - anyone know of such a beast?

Drop me a line if you have something in your garage collecting dust that might fit the bill...

Thanks,

-Chris