[ale] Semi-OT: Anyone have an eee 904ha or similar?

George Carless kafka at antichri.st
Tue Mar 16 20:24:55 EDT 2010

My eee 904HA netbook (which runs Linux ;p) has mysteriously and suddenly
given up the ghost. I've tried a universal power supply and it still
doesn't work, so at this point I figure it's either a) the battery
(hopefully), or b) the motherboard or something equally serious.  So, I
was wondering whether anyone might have the same or a similar netbook
whose battery I could try out.  (Or, does anyone know whether the fact
that it's not working while plugged in means it's NOT the battery, since
it should work anyhow just from direct power?)

I'm based in the Kirkwood/Oakhurst area and would be glad to buy someone
a 6-pack for any help given.

Thanks,
George