[ale] Maxmind

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Wed Mar 10 08:35:35 EST 2010

IP to location lookups are very dependent on what providers indicate for the ranges they delegate.   My company at one point was showing up as being in Chandler AZ and now shows in Chattanooga TN on our primary outbound IP.   We have locations in both places but that isn't where that outbound IP comes from - it simply seems the provider simply picks a location out of many they deal with (you'd think they'd pick the location they bill to but not even that).