[ale] query diagramming

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 16:09:22 EST 2010

I need to make pictures of my postgresql queries fro the pointy-haired boss
types. I have Dia which I've used extensively to document the logical flow
of the application.
Now I need to produce a pictorial map of the logic of the actual sql
queries. google is not being helpful on this as I keep getting a gazillion
apps for making pictures of the database structure (that's already done.).

The only thing I've seen is an example of using Venn Diagrams to illustrate
joins.  OK. That makes loads of sense. But how do I illustrate an insert or
an update? Or the sub query based on date string logic used as the source
data for the insert's join call?

James P. Kinney III