[ale] meeting notice (NOT!)

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 09:36:40 EDT 2010

There was some discussion of (me?!?) getting Ekiga up and running to provide
a live feed from ALE central to other remote groups (still an awesome idea!)

I have a schedule conflict and will not be able to pull this off in time
this week. Daughter leaves for a 6 week London school trip Thursday evening
and I'm the designated driver to the airport (plus all the other ancillary
_stuff_ that takes place before an extended overseas trip for a teenager).

I don't see a conflict for the July meeting.

I was planning on following the info from here:

http://maketecheasier.com/videoconference-linux-and-windows-with-ekiga/2009/08/05

and set up an alecentral account with ekiga.

Phase II will be to get the process to work with the live vga feed from the
presenter's presentation...

heh, heh. total world domination ALE style....

James P. Kinney III
Doing pretty well on all 3 pursuits

 Faith is a cop-out. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by
faith, then you are conceding that it can’t be taken on its own merits.
   Dan Barker, "Losing Faith in Faith", 1992